Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Audrey Neumann - Blog #1 - Miller Section 1

Time seems to be the main topic of every conversation these days and the conclusion is always the same – there is not enough of it! Time is an interesting concept. While it acts as the driving force of life, it simultaneously is the force that limits what can be accomplished in a given day. Finding the time for meaningful reading is crucial. This chapter made me focus on what I was devoting the time in my day to. One area that I would like to focus on is transitions. Some days, it takes my students much too long to transition from one subject to the next. Putting a social studies textbook away and taking out our math notebooks is sometimes a five minute ordeal. I am working to find a way to reduce this as well as other transitions, so that I can devote more time to meaningful reading and conferences with my students.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that tightening up transitions is a good place to start to find the time for valuable activities like conferencing. Crafting a seamless schedule is truly an art--do you have any suggestions for new teachers, like yourself? Or even for veteran teachers so that they can maximize their instructional time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Transitions can be tricky. What ideas did you have to try to tighten those up for your students?

    ReplyDelete